CAUSES OF BURNING FEET
- Dampness, together with friction, leads to the
sensation of burning, so its important to buy shoes that
let perspiration evaporate.
- Inappropriate socks. Wear socks made of cotton
rather than synthetic fabrics.
- Athletes foot can sometimes spread to cause burning
sensation on the sole of the foot.
- Allergic reaction to shoe material or socks.
- Alcohol is also contributing factor. Long term use
can affect the nervous activity of the feet.
- Neuroma. A trapped nerve can lead to a hot burning
sensation. (Tight shoes)
- Gout can cause a burning sensation on the side of
TREATMENT OF BURNING FEET
- Buy shoes and socks that have adequate ventilation.
If you are suffering from athletes foot then treat this
Reduce alcohol and smoking consumption.
Herbal products that increase the circulation may help.
Do not leave ice packs on your feet. This can lead to
other foot conditions.
In mechanical cases such as tarsal tunnel syndrome,
conservative treatment with arch supports and wider shoes
may successfully relieve discomfort. If burning feet is due
to flat feet, orthotics may help restore the foot’s arch.
Thanks to Dr Foot for above information.
Since polished rice was introduced then south east
Asian countries saw a increase in heart disease and
neuropathy. The cause was determined to be the absence of
the nutritional absent husk around the rice which
Please read more on what
types of neuropathy causes burning in the feet and
how to easily treat this with nutritional supplements and
The burning feet-burning hands syndrome in
sickness the Denver Syndrome
due to living at high altitude