TIPS BY EARL CIDPUSA.org
How to open cans use?
* Electric can opener, and a bottle opener.
How to open Bottles?
Use the handy bottle opener.
How to wash hair?
* Wash hair in shower as one cannot easily get up and down over the tub.
How to shop?
* Accepted she cannot carry heavy things like the Costco box of 2-1gal milk containers. So she takes out 1 bottle, gets the box with 1 in it and puts the bottle back. I told her to look around for a cute guy and ask for help (Cute guys love to help). She has taken me up on it!
* Stores the heavy stuff where she can get to it easily, buys 2 little ones instead of 1 big.
Help in Showers ?
* Change the shower and bath knobs to those with big handles to get an easier grip. Do the same with all interior doors getting.
The shower handle is very helpful
* Visite an arthritis gadget site and they have lots of stuff to help weak hands, etc.
Bath chair so you do not slip and fall
Use Lever Handles to open doors.In place of ball handles
* Use the steering ball installed on steering wheel, in California this is illegal but MVA can ok this with doctors orders.
Use these bicycle pedals for exercise .
Walking in the mall is another option for those who can still walk, as the surfaces are even, there is mall security from weather and traffic. Help is available if you fall. This is better then home.
Thanks to earl for the excellent tips on CIDP and IBM which is Inclusion body Myositis or I.B.M disease diet.
For stiffness, pain in the body use a icepack rub it on the painful area then stretch that area by moving your extremities. This is followed by applying a hot towel on the same area, (moisten a towel with hot water and apply it over the stiff area).
If there is on Magical supplement in the Diet that will prevent and treat every disease, cut on the skin, kill every germ that is Hydrogen peroxide. This needs a full chapter to explain.
You should be the last person to consider surgery for pain relief.Read our back surgery section.
For generalized stiffness get into a hot water tub or if not available take a hot shower. More stiffness is experienced on cold days or when a storm is approaching, as the barometric pressure dips muscular pains increase. The colostrum may help in this type of muscle stiffness . Hot water BATHS are not recommended for patients with M.S and CIDP. Some individuals with MS & CIDP have reported difficulty in getting out of the tub due to sudden weakness caused by the heat.
Stretching exercises are recommended about five times a day. These will help reduce stiffness. Turn your neck from side to side, Bend down on the hips and place your hands on your knees. Bend down to touch the floor.
Chronic heavy smoking can reduce blood flow to your vital organs, (Brain). The Surgeon General has shown that smoking causes lung cancer. Though some new evidence shown by the American Heart Association shows smoking reduces restenosis. Smokers have lower incidence of some autoimmune diseases including Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.This is thought to be due to Nicotine, and the same benefit is seen in tea and coffee drinkers. Get the beneficial effects by tea and coffee. 4000 Americans die, per year, of lung cancer and 37,000 due to heart disease, caused by other people's or passive smokeProceed to next page of diet
Search Cidpusa web